Friday, September 26, 2008

We've made it 16 years together...can you believe it?

Today is Alan and I's 16th wedding anniversay...so you are going to have to bear with me as I blog a bit about being married to the best husband on the planet for a minute! OK, we all know, NO ONE is perfect, but if there was a close call to it I think my Alfie would top the list. I'll give you some empirical data to prove it (can you tell I married an engineer???) First off...he does laundry- ok it totally annoys the heck out of me HOW he does the laundry, but hey, with six kids and two adults, who cares HOW it gets done as long as it gets done. Second, he rarely fights with me. Now, those of you who know me, know I WANT him to fight with me, but instead he laughs and then I usually see how ridiculous I'm being and the fight dissipates before my eyes! Third, he hardly ever complains about my "girls night out" or my "sisters weekends" or my "scrapbook USA" or all the other activities I participate in for my own sanity's sake. Fourth, he still likes my body (we won't go into too many details on this one, but I have carried, delivered and breast-fed six kids- use your imagination I don't have a supermodel body!!) Fifth, he loves his children and they KNOW it... even if they do get annoyed sometimes by it! Sixth, and not last by all means, he honors his priesthood and uses it to bless my life, and our children's lives. The list could definitely be longer and sweeter, with better examples like how good he provides for us, how hard he always works, how he spends his vacation days doing things I want to do or what the kids want to do...etc, etc.
At the end of the day, I couldn't be more blessed or more happy to roll over and have HIM by my side! Love ya Alfie! Can't wait to see what the next 16 years bring!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Found your blog from Mindy Barker's....what have you been up to for the last 12 years? Love your blog...and your kids are all grown up!

Wendy said...

Alfie, or is it Bucket of Love, or is it the Alfinator of Love? I can never remember his name! Congrats--never thought you'd make it this far!! j/k. Here's to another 26+ years!