Friday, September 12, 2008

Ahhh, Paris!!!

I really loved Paris! Of all the cities we visited in Europe, Paris was my favorite. I think it's because I felt like we saw SOOOO much stuff! We started out with our tour guide, Antoine taking us on a bus tour of the city. We drove by all the big sights...and saw everything to get us excited about being in Paris! Our first stop/tour was Notre Dame. It was incredible! It was huge and very crowded, but we did get to go inside and the stained glass was breathtaking! We stopped for photos at the Arc de Triomphe and other sights as well...but the most impressive was the Eiffel Tower! It is so huge! The boys really loved it! Jeremy was so cute..he said, "I can't believe I'm here at the Eiffel Tower; I've waited my whole life to see it!" We also took a boat ride on the Seine river and that was another really great way to see the sights as well. We of course visited the Louvre Museum and Josh, Dane & Andre really loved it and took off on their own to explore. It is an enormous museum and the other boys were hot and tired, so we didn't stay as long as the big kids...however we did see the famous Mona Lisa and yes, she really is as small as the picture...but still very cool to see in person!

2 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

love the new blog background! And the pictures are so good - it looks like such a wonderful trip! We miss y'all!!! :)

Wendy said...

Love it! Next time we'll have to have a sister's weekend in Paris and you can be our tour guide b/c you've already been!