Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Football, Soccer and a fractured skull!

Jeremy just finished up an awesome football practice, and Josh a soccer game tonight! I just have to say that even though I usually spend at least an hour or more per day driving my "athletes" all around to practice and games...its worth watching them learn, excel and have fun. Jeremy is playing tackle football for the second year in a row and having a great time. The first part of the season he was a little disappointed b/c he was playing offensive line and not really getting any "action". I tried the usual "parent pep talk" about being a team player and having fun, and working hard so the coaches would see how good he really is...blah blah blah to his ears, I know! Anyway...he is now the Defensive Captain and playing Defensive end and kicking some tail! He told me he had quite a few sacks of the quarterback at practice (they scrimmaged a 6th grade team) and his coach said he was MVP of the game! Kudos to Jeremy for being so awesome!



Josh is playing on a competition AAA Under 16 team- the Lehi Arsenal. They have a lot of talent on their team and really decent coaches..there is just STIFF competition out there...so they've only won 1 game this season...but Josh is as dedicated a player as I've ever seen. He never misses a practice, runs on his days off and plays his heart out every game. I love watching him run (for you Nacho Libre fans..."He runs like a gazelle!") and he really has improved his technique and ball handling skills tremendously this past season. It's super fun being the soccer and football mom this year!



Jonah is not doing a sport right now (he was due to start karate a couple weeks ago) due to the fact he fractured his skull and gave himself a concussion last week. He is doing fine...a trip to the ER and a doctor visit later (not to mention the $$$$- ok I won't complain..he is my kid!!!) But...no physical activities for about 6 weeks! Long story short....he made a little swing out of some webbing (rock climbing rope) and in the basement was swinging in the doorway over the concrete..lost his balance, flipped around and landed on the back of his head. I knew he was really hurt when he said his ears wouldn't stop ringing, and then he started barfing! YUCK! Thankfully, he will be ok, as long as he NEVER does that again. Six kids..three boys and the only bones they have broken are the ones that can't be cast- Josh and his tailbone and Jonah and his skull! I hope we have filled our broken bone quota...but I sort of doubt it! Joely and Jenna still need to learn to ride a 2 wheeler!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That's awesome! Love to see the boys in their sports! I guess Jonah's sport is "what bone can i break next and it not be able to be cast" j/k. I miss you guys so much! I'd love to see one of the boys' games! Are they on traveling teams that come to Austin, TX? That'd be rad!

Jules said...

Amy,
I'm so glad you emailed!!!!!!
I love the blog. I am so happy that you got to go to Europe. You deserve a great trip like that. I'm going to call soon and you can tell me all about it.

I just started a blog recently too--if you want to check it out it is at jandjbollinger.blogspot.com

love, Julie Bollinger