Thursday, July 10, 2008

A few braggin' pics



Well, as a mother it is not only my God given right to brag about my kids, but also a perk to embarrass my kids whenever the chance presents itself. Since starting the blog, my oldest- Joshua has commented on my time spent on the computer (mainly b/c it cuts into HIS time on the computer- I know he is SO deprived b/c we only have ONE computer ;) So, he has said, "Mom, I don't want my face all over your blog...yadda yadda" Well, again as my God given right as his mother..I'm doing it anyway! Sorry Josh. He's so cute anyway...what does he care? Here he is smiling away receiving his Life scout award. I'm so proud! He's close to getting his Eagle...just need to find a project. He leaves for his Varsity High Adventure Camp on Sunday- a river adventure down the Salmon river (in Idaho). Love that Josh!
I was trying to find a picture of all the kids together....but I guess when you have six of them your lucky to get five of them in the same picture. This is when we went to Wheeler Farm with my brother David, his wife Kinsey and their son Drew. We had a lot of fun and I was able through my powers of persuasion get Jonah and Jeremy to come along with us even though they are BIG kids and its a LITTLE kid place. Mainly, I think they came b/c they didn't want to miss out on fun w/ their favorite Uncle and plus they got to miss school!

I know I already put some pictures of the girls on the blog, but for all my family and friends (OK maybe 1 friend ha ha) who might want to see how cute they are in their Easter dresses...plus its a great shot of our view off the back deck. What a lovely place we live! Just to update..we moved back to Utah in Sept. 2005 after a year in Colorado and 3 years in Texas (1 in Bryan and 2 in Victoria). We chose Eagle Mountain b/c Alan's brother lived out here and it was affordable. Well, Alan's brother moved and we are here...we love it. There are a million kids, our ward just split for the third time in 3 years and the views are breathtaking. Wow...life is great.








5 comments:

Josh said...

Nice Job big Josh!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

lol!, josh leaving a comment about himself - hysterical! Anyway, we are proud of you, Josh, as always - you are such a good example to your younger brothers and sisters and even to Drew! :)

Amy, love seeing the picture of the girls in their Easter dresses - too cute! and i have to say again, I love that you are blogging!!!

Tony and Whitney said...

Tony and I love Josh. He's a great example for all the youth. We need to give props to you for raising such an amazing young man.

sam-n-ella said...

Josh you are so close to your eagle don't give up. Make sure you post all about your project and eagle court of honor. would love to hear about it since we are not there any longer. I still think it would be cool if you could be the first one in the ward to get your eagle. It is a cool feeling to be the very first. Keep up the good work.

Erick

Wendy said...

Wow, who's that hottie with the scout shirt on? Oops, sorry, I didn't realize my nephew was a "ladies man!" (j/k joshy!)
I guess there is one fabulous part about being a mom---you can always find a way to embarrass your kids! Way to go, sis!