Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some Random Thoughts....

Well..it has been a while since I've sat down to update my blog! Alot has happened...Christmas, the New Year, Joshua & Josie had their birthdays, and now Valentine's Day is knocking on the door! I spent a couple moments reading my sister Lisa's blog...she has such great insight into life...just normal everyday life..that sometimes, if not most of the time, we take for granted...nursing sick kids...seeing hubby's off to work, you know, the daily stuff that makes up life. For me, life seems to move at super sonic speed..but I take comfort and gain strength knowing I don't travel this road alone...I have my family, my friends, and my Savior, Jesus Christ, to help me, inspire me, comfort me, lift me up and just be there for me! Thank you to you all... for living your lives, wherever they may be, the very best you can, because I look up to you...all of you. Everyone that I know, that I keep in touch with, whether by phone, email, facebook, or this blog...you touch my life. It's so good knowing that we all share this journey together!!

OK, so those are my thoughts for today...and now I'll give you the scoop on what's been going on in the lives of the Pratt Clan. Alan and I are still sane...and that is BIG news!! Alan (you know that his nickname is Alfie..right??) is busy at work and studying for the PE exam (Professional Engineer) It's an 8 hour test..grueling I'm sure...that covers all the Chemical Engineering stuff he suppossedly learned in school like 10 years ago. Needless to say...he is studying hard!

Joshua turned the ripe old age of 16 on Jan. 2nd. I can't believe I have a 16 year old! He was home sick today from school...i think he ate something bad. Anyway..doing good..working on getting his driver's license and will start a job working for the golf course next month! I told him I wouldn't charge him rent...yet!

Jonah is doing good too...I tried (unsuccessfully) to get him to take up piano lessons...so really he is waiting for track season to start...sometime next month! He continues to love our crazy mutt Nacho...and is learning to ski this winter with his brothers and dad! I think he is an adrenaline junkie!

Jeremy is playing basketball right now with the Jr. Jazz program that they do up here in Utah! He is so funny...he really loves it...but can't wait for football to start. Needless to say, Jeremy was disappointed in the Super Bowl...as his beloved San Diego Chargers were beat by the Steelers, who went on to win in all. Oh well..maybe next year!

Josie had her 7th birthday on Jan. 29th! She is so cute! Her 2 front teeth are coming in and it is funny to see how grown up she is getting! She is doing really well at piano..although if I try to help her..watch out..its WW III! So...I stay away from that! She informed me a few days ago that she wants to do ballet...I think I might have to get a job to pay for all the kids' activities!

Joely is still going to preschool with me and Jenna! She is reading really well...but a little sad that all her friends dropped out of her class...she is the only girl, with 4 other boys..but she has a great teacher so she is still pretty excited about going to school! Joely is a sweetheart...if I can just get her to stop yelling and fighting with Jenna...they have good days and bad days!!

Jenna is my little comedian! She talks to me about all the movie lines she has memorized. The latest is from Madagascar 2...she says, "Mom, Moto Moto sings...'I like chunky, I like big!'" She is sooooo funny! She follows Josie and Joely around everywhere and thinks she can do whatever they do! I do have to take her up to Primary Children's next month to see a Pediatric Opthamologist...she has lazy eye..and will probably need glasses. I'm a little nervous..but I hope the problem can be corrected WITHOUT surgery!!!

As for me...I am my kids' mom...I just added 3 new piano students to my crazy schedule...but I'm hoping that I can maintain my sanity. My current fave thing is facebook...the first couple of time I got on I literally felt glued to the computer...I'm better now..and its been fun finding all these people I knew when I was in grade school!!! My next big thing...I'm trying to put together some ladies to form a soccer team...maybe indoor, maybe outdoor! It will be hilarious!!! All these "old" ladies running around pretending they know how to play soccer...oh yeah...that's just ME!!!

3 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

what a great update! I love hearing what the kids are all doing and what's going on up there. I didn't know Jenna has a lazy eye - hopefully everything is okay - let us know when she has her eye dr. aptmnt. We love y'all! :)

Lisa said...

Thanks for the update...it's the only way I know what's happening with you....okay, that and sister's weekend! Love ya!

Kristine said...

Amy, I found your blog from someone in the ward. Not sure who, but do you mind if I stalk you? I loved reading your family update! You have such a great family, it's fun to read about who each of your kids are. I also love that you mentioned your two girls are constantly fighting. It makes me feel better since my boys are constantly fighting. Haha..